What is Total Physical Response and how can it help you with foreign language acquisition?
This awesome introduction to Total Physical Response reveals tremendous advantages for language learners. Summarizing, TPR has been demonstrated to:
- Reduce student inhibitions
- Facilitate long-term retention
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Help academically weaker students
- Train students to guess from context
- Increase student confidence
- Offer a refreshingly different style of teaching/learning
- Provide more effective, comprehensible input
- Encourage active listening
- Access and capitalize on the strengths of the right brain
- Offer easy ways to review
- Keep the class in the target language more
- Promote goodwill between student and teacher
- Incorporate humor
- Increase interest and enjoyment
That is quite a list of benefits, isn’t it? What great news for language learners of all ages! And it’s important food for thought for parents and teachers as we select our curricula. After all, couldn’t we all use ways to work smarter, not harder?
Excelerate SPANISH incorporates TPR into every. single. lesson. All students can enjoy this fabulous “brain-switching” approach and the feeling of success it provides! Nothing breeds success like success, after all.
Whether your student is a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner–or has special needs or is gifted or is average–Total Physical Response can empower, motivate, and achieve the success you want for your foreign language program!
Accelerate Language Acquisition.